With evolution of technology; environmental problems, environmental pollution, industrialization and irregular urbanization are increasing day by day. The products resulting from the use of natural resources are unconsciously left back to nature as a result of consumption. As a result, our energy resources are rapidly disappearing. Our resources are limited in nature and decrease at the end of each production process. Wastes have been tried to be evaluated in order to prevent waste of resources and to prevent energy shortage that may occur in the future, and various methods have been researched and developed for this.
What is Recycling?
Recycle; means that the recyclable materials that are found as non-use waste as a result of consumption are converted into raw materials by various physical and chemical methods and included in the production process.
The aim of recycling is to separate the materials found as waste in nature, to get rid of garbage heaps and to prevent waste of resources.
While some materials can be recycled, some materials cannot be recycled.
What Are Recyclable Materials?
Recyclable materials; glass, paper, plastic, batteries, motor oil, aluminum, concrete, iron, organic waste, electronic waste, textile waste, wood, metal, accumulators, solvent-based wastes…etc
What Are Non-Recyclable Materials?
Mirrors, optical glass, light bulb, fluorescent, wallpapers, oiled papers, carbon papers, embroidered boxes, coated papers, silver papers, feces, household dust waste…etc
What are the Recycling Stages?
Most of the packaging we consume has the recyclable symbol on it. In most institutions and on the streets, garbage cans are easy to separate for recycling; waste battery box, plastic, paper..etc. Since the materials collected from the source will be clean, water will also be saved.
The materials to be recycled have to go through various stages. recycling stages; collection, transportation, sorting, pressing, pressed packaging waste storage, loading
Benefits of Recycling
- Recycling 1 ton of paper means saving 17 trees. At the same time, 2583 liters of oil, 26.497 liters of water, 2523 liters of garbage can be saved.
- By recycling aluminum, it saves 95 percent of the energy required for a new aluminum production.
- Recycling an aluminum can save the energy of the television we will watch for 2 hours.
- Recycling one ton of plastic saves 7570 liters of fuel.
- It ensures the protection of our natural resources and prevents their waste.
- It saves energy.
- It reduces environmental pollution.
- It contributes to the economy and the future.